Tuesday, April 3, 2018

L is for Lion

It's a windy day here in Oklahoma. A good day for storytime as our numbers show. We had sixteen children at Storytime today. We are growing. After our opening song and singing our ABC's, we had show and tell with a leaf, lincoln log, lion, legos, Loves a Lot carebear, lotion and more. I sent a Newsletter home today with an overview of our next several months. I shared how much I love show and tell. Getting these kids up on front of the "class" at such an early age has to be good, right? Primary Public Speaking!
We read 2 books today, neither of which were the perfect "L" storytime books in my opinion. I will be looking for other choices for next time. I read "How Does a Dinosaur Say I Love You" by Yolen and "Yoo Hoo Ladybug" by Mem Fox.
I like both books as I love the "How Does a Dinosaur" books and Yoo Hoo Ladybug is adorable, but the kids were itching to look more closely at the pages.
We also went through our Zoo Phonics adding Lizzy Lizard to the lineup.
I had lots of activities for us today including a Letter L Lion for our ABC book.
We used legos for a couple of activities including these Lego Alphabet Pages from Little Bins for Little Hands.

Sorry for the glare but I laminate everything. No sense in making it twice!
I also had some Lego activity cards for the older kids to try.
I love this idea for a portable activity! What a great project for long road trips. Thank you to the folks at Fun At Home with Kids for coming up with a free printable for this activity! They even have some cards you can color yourself to customize. All of the Legos came from our Lego League Junior kits which I was able to borrow from our service center.
Lastly for the younger kids I had some Ladybug clip cards for some great fine motor work.
(I can't seem to find the link at the moment for these printables.)
I gave each family a copy of Tomas and the Library Lady by Pat Mora and a set of "L" worksheets- fun ones!
It was a little chaotic today. Next time I might just put some Legos out for the kids to enjoy. Sometimes I way overthink things!
Have a blessed week. See you for "M"!
Mrs. Angel


No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site