Friday, March 20, 2009

An Eventful Day!

I picked up our younger son Brian and his best friend from the airport in Charlotte, NC on Tuesday! He was here to see us and pick up the Jeep we found him. He was really liking the Jeep!

(Before pic)
He left this morning and was on his way back to KS to college. Only 2 1/2 hours into his trip, he was rear ended near Augusta, Georgia and his car was totalled! Kevin and I traveled the 2 1/2 hours to where they were waiting at a truck stop with all of their belongings. I was on the telephone the entire trip there trying to get things sorted out.
We helped him get a rental car and got them back on the road to Kansas.
We just got home.
Brian and his best friend both have big bumps on their heads and a few scratches but seem to be fine.
PRAISE God!!
If someone had been in the back seat they would not have faired so well. There was no leg room left. If you are reading this, will you please pray that the rest of their trip is uneventful? And that things get sorted out okay!
We are having insurance issues already. The accident was not Brian's fault. He had to stop on the interstate for an accident in front of him that had just happened when he was rear ended. Brian kept his wits about him and even turned the wheel as he was catapulted several yards so he flew onto the shoulder instead of rear ending the person in front of him. It was a hard impact. Brian finally found his glasses in the back of the jeep after he realized they were not on his face several minutes later. The other driver who was at fault and driving a company truck is in the hospital and apparently told his employer that he was not at fault. Brian didn't exchange insurance info with him so we don't have any way to get assistance with the rental, etc. The only thing he knew was the name of the business by the sticker on the truck door. I have been in contact with the business. Hopefuly we'll get reimbursed the expenses, but the company (a construction company) is not being cooperative at all. We had only liability. The state police at the scene have stated that it is the fault of the driver of the truck who hit Brian. They were the only 2 parties involved.
It's going to be a bit of a headache. I have one already!
We stopped at the salvage yard where they towed it and took a few pics of the jeep.


The car was parked with the back end at the fence of the yard so it was difficult to get a good photo.
Kevin is very impressed with the way the Jeep was built. It could have been a lot worse I think.
Thank you, Lord for protecting my son and his friend.
God is good!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

OMG!So thankful that Brian and his friend were ok. They will probably be very sore tomorrow though, and they may want to make sure they didn't have whiplash or something also, that can show up a little later. YIKES! If there is anything on my end that I can help you with let me know. That totally sounds like the other guy needs to step up and take responsibility. Good luck and again, let me know if there is anything on this end we can help with.

Linda Crowder said...

My friend, I don't know what to say. I am speechless. First I think what next. Then the very important thing comes to the front: God was his co-pilot. God directed him out of crashing into the other cards and maybe causing more injury, of course not his fault, but when that truck rear ended him at that force it would have sandwiched many other cars in my opinion. God blessed him already and you too. You still have each other and no permanent injuries and I am most thankful to our Father for that blessing. Take care and you know you have my prayers. As always.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How terribly scary for them, and for you as a Mother! He was so smart to react so calmly and miss crashing the front end of his jeep too. I am praying that rest of his trip is smooth and that everything is worked out with the insurance. Houston is asking me for a car when we return to AZ...he's 16 and hasn't gotten his license yet since we've been here. Do you ever stop worrying???

Sending you hugs sweetie!! Not sure what I can do but pray, but if there's ANYTHING - let me know!

Peggy said...

I just can't believe it! I am SO glad Brian is ok. I just feel so bad for him... I know he was excited about that jeep! Do you think the insurance will cover enough to find a buy a different vehicle?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Brian and his friend weren't hurt! What a bummer! Hope you guys can win the fight with the other truck. Seems people could just own up to what they do!

The Breast Cancer Site