Sunday, August 23, 2009

Busy Week

It's been a busy week here. On Monday Katie and I went to Georgia to visit my sweet friend Shelley and her family. I feel bad that we went during the week and interrupted their school week. But I've been wanting to go see them for so long and decided to just DO IT! The trip was a little over 4 hours. Not bad. We stayed for 2 nights and came home on Wednesday. While we were there, we had lunch with some friends from church, went shopping and Shelley, Katie and I went to see a movie- "The Time Traveler's Wife"- not a bad movie at all. I brought my camera to GA with me but forgot my good memory card. So I only had room for about 10 pictures on this cheap little card that was in my camera case.
Here are a few.

Shelly and IShelley's little boy Ashton was SO cute. I bent down for the picture and so did he.
Here he poses with Katie. Ashton celebrates his 2nd birthday this week. Happy Birthday, Ashton!
Shelley, Shay and I at lunch. Forgot to take a pic before Tori and Brittany left. Thursday was Katie's first day at USC, Sumter. She labeled the day a SUCCESS. I was kinda sad to take my baby to college. Time REALLY flies. It's hard to believe she's already old enough to go to college.
Friday evening was a date night for Kevin and I. He had planned it for a few weeks...just told me to keep my night free for him. We went to the NCO Club at the base where they The Shaw Community Theatre performed a special Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre- Murder at Rutherford House. It was the third time that Kevin and I have been to one. This one was really good too. I wish I had brought my camera! I correctly solved the crime and guessed who the murderers were. But it came down to the tie breaker questions and I got one wrong. I did receive a certificate for Runner-Up. And I had a blast.
Saturday we got tires for Katie's car. Kevin put her plates on and Katie washed it, so now the Grand Am is road ready. Hopefully Katie will be getting her driver's license this week and driving herself to school. Brian also got a car this week. Using the "Cash for Clunkers" program, he is the proud new owner of a Chevrolet Cobalt. We are looking forward to seeing him and his girlfriend Alli in October when they fly in for the weekend!
I'm looking forward to a quieter week this week. Maybe some time to stamp. Gonna go clean now!
Blessings!


No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site